Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Different Shade of Christmas


Most Christmas cards are made with traditional colours like red and green, or shades of gold, or blue and silver.  I have decided to go a different route using shades of purple.

I started with a template made from CS and sponged in from both sides two different shades of purple.  Then removing the template and still using the same shades of purple I stamped over the shaded area but with the opposite colours.  Add a little bling and you are done.

You will also notice that the majority of my cards have the envelop stamped as well.  It adds a personal touch and also a hint as to who the card is from when my friends and family see it coming in the mail.  So next time don't forget to add your little extra touch!

Keep the template that you have made, both the positive and negative sections, so that you can use them over and over again.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. What a nice card! Using template on this card reminded me of another technique that I wanted to try for some time already, it's a clear block stamping but with the twist, using two shades on the block. Nice and unusual colors too. Thanks Nancy!

    ReplyDelete