Sunday, February 19, 2012

If You Want to Be Happy, Be!


 
This card originally started out as a card for my Brother and his new Wife, but then I changed my mind when I found a saying that was more appropriate for the occasion.

I started with a plain piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped it with the French Script background stamp.  Then using Elements of Style of stamped the flowers twice. Then I sponged the edges of the card and flowers to give it a more weathered look.  

My new found love of the Spellbinders Nestabilities encouraged me to use two different sizes to create the sentiment focus and then finished it all off with a bow and hat pin.
 
The card that I did end up giving them was made at the last minute as we were going out the door.  In fact I almost forgot to photograph it.  

Still using the purple tones I die cut one of the Labels Five in Whisper White and used the Muscial Notes stamp to stamp over it.  Then using the Labels Five in a smaller size I die cut a hole in the oiginal one on a diagonal and stamped the inside with All Around Quotes.  I used the portion that was die cut out and turned it over and used it inside the card with the unstamped side out.  Finished the card off with a hat pin and bow.

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, both cards are very feminine and beautiful. I especially love the pins. How do you make these beads to cover pin's ends so that they don't slip? I tried with corsage pins, but I always end up with uncovered sharp end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marina. I use the pins that you can get at the Dollar Store. Once I have the beads the way I want them I adhere Tombo glue to both the pin end and the inside of the bead and then place the bead on the pin. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. Nancy, thanks for replying. I will try this technique, just don't know what are pin ends. Are these just the beads that you use to finish the pin with closing the bottom opening with glue?
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will endeavour to make a new card and show you with photos how I attach my pins with the Tombo glue. Check back in the next couple of days for a new card, complete with bow. Thanks for your interest.

      Delete