Monday, April 16, 2012

Masculine Monday 16/04/12 SSC#251

Good Monday morning to everyone.  I know we would all rather it be Friday already but we have to start the week somewhere.  Just think four more days to the weekend.

I have combined my Masculine Monday card today with a sketch challenge at Stamping 411.

My version works with all plain card stock and each piece is stamped to form the background.  This is mainly due to the fact that I love this stamp set, but I don't have any corresponding DSP to go with it, so I tend to create my own.

The card was created all with scraps except for the card base.

I started with a piece of More Mustard CS and cut it to 2 3/4"x4 1/4" and stamped it with the words stamp from French Foliage. I then sponged around the edges of that piece and placed it on the card front.

Then with a piece of Old Olive 1 1/4"x4" stamped it with the water marks part of the same set with Real Red.  I then sponged the edges in the red as well.

A strip of More Mustard ribbon was placed around that piece and then it was adhered to the card front.

The final piece was from a piece of 2 3/4"3" of Very Vanilla.  By "rock and rolling" the oak leave stamp I stamped off two of the More Mustard and Old Olive leaves and then stamped two Real Red leaves in the opposite direction.  The edges were then rubbed with More Mustard and the word stamp was stamped twice over the middle of the piece.  Three small postage stamps were placed randomly and stamped in Old Olive. This piece was adhered to the card front with dimensionals.

Lastly I rock and rolled a single oak leave with Real Red and Old Olive and rubbed it with More Mustard.  Cut it out and wrinkled it up before placing it on the card front.

I hope that you like what I have come up with.

Nancy

I like to hear what you think so please leave a comment.



4 comments:

  1. I love all your handmade DSP!!! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am flattered to get a comment from such an accomplished card maker. I avidly follow your blog and when I saw your name come up on my comments I thought "no can't be" but Yes. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious color set! i love the fall colors and the idea of making your own DSP.

    ReplyDelete