Monday, April 30, 2012

Stampin Fun & Friends Colour Challenge


Stampin Fun and Friends has started and we are into our first colour challenge.

It you haven't signed up yet we are only on Day 1 and you will still be able to take part. In fact our first chat is this evening at 9 PM, so get going. Just click the link to the right side of my blog to join in on the fun!













I decided to try a Flip Card. There have been lots of these posted lately on different sites. I followed the instructions on Dawn Griffith's site.

Once I had the card base and opening cut I used the same sized die to cut two pieces of the pink and then two of the white.  They were adhered to the opening hinge and stamped again with the sentiments.

Using Composer's Dream stamp I stamped the background image on both the left and right side of the card.  As luck would have it when the card is closed the music follows right along the card as if it was printed on the paper itself.  Then I sponged using the same colour all around the page.

For the inside of the flip I used "Outlined Occasions" and stamped over the die cut piece and then put a plain white centre to write my greeting.

Yellow accents were used by placing a pin with yellow beads through a white organza ribbon.

Don't forget your envelop.  By stamping on the outside of the envelop as well it gives the person receiving the card a hint as to what is on the inside, plus they will surely know who it is from.

Fun challenge, now it's your turn.  

Hope you enjoy!

Nancy

I like to hear what you think so please leave me a comment

1 comment:

  1. Very nice card, Nancy!
    And I like this fold though I can't keep the card closed, it tends to pop up open every time.
    I also loved the color scheme, it makes a very nice card for a young lady who is in the beginning of romantic relationship.

    ReplyDelete