Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TST #63 Hootie the Owl

Where oh where does the time go.  Another week has gone and we are back into challenge #63 at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

I thought this week I would try something a little different. This could be more of a children's card or a masculine card.




I know my interpretation of the card is stretching the sketch a little but that is what these challenges are for.  Get you imagination thinking outside the box, or in this case outside the tree trunk!

I knew I wanted to use my Owl Punch from SU and thought the best way to show it off would be to build a tree.

I started by cutting my base using craft cardstock to form a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. Using my woodgrain embossing folder I inked up the inside of the folder. I tore a strip of the darker brown CS which gave the illusion of the outside of the tree trunk. Ran it through the Cuttlebug and the ink transferred to the CS.  I then "lightly" ran the Chocolate Chip ink pad over the raised portion of the embossed image  This gave it a more mottled look.  My second piece of torn CS formed the branch and I repeated the same process.

After the branches were adhered to the card base I punched a hold using the 2" scallop circle punch. Then the Two Step Bird Punch was used to punch out several of the leaves to be placed both on the outside and the inside of the card. My owl was punched and assembled and adhered to the inside of the card using dimensionals. A simple greeting was stamped on the inside and the top corner was rounded.

I hope you like my interpretation of the sketch this week.

Nancy

I like to hear what you think so please leave me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you have done with this sketch, really creative! And I adore owls and think the choice of paper is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete