Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun....Twins!

A fellow co-worker asked me to make her a special card for a baby shower that she was attending.  The  proud Momma-to-Be is having TWINS!  They already know that they are having  boy and a girl.

I thought about this one for a while.  First I thought I would make an explosion card with cribs, but too expensive.  So to simplify things I thought diaper!

I Googled "diaper card template" and found numerous templates to make diaper cards with.  There was so much to choose from and the inspirations were great.  After seeing what was available, I set out to make my card.
I started with Whisper White CS and cut out the basic diaper shape.  Then using a blue ginham and pink polka-dot DSP that I had I adhered them using sticky strip to the diaper base down the middle, leaving the legs open.  

Then with plain CS in the corresponding colours I punched out a scalloped edge for the one side and a diamond edge for the other.  After punching these out I ran them through my crimper several times to break the fibers to allow them to be more easily applied to the diaper.  Again with sticky strip I adhered these crimped pieces inside the two layers of the cardstock.
Next was my inside.  I searched for a greeting that would be appropriate for Twins, but couldn't find anything I liked to I decided to try it on my own.  I printed this out on regular paper and adhered it to the inside of the card. This is what I came up with. Then I added the little hand and foot prints to the inside of the base.

I cut slits in the front of the diaper and adhered diaper pins to the openings using glue dots.  The card fit perfectly into a regular card envelop.
 
I was very pleased with the outcome and I'm sure that the Mommy-to-Be will be happy with it too (or should I say Two!)

Thanks for dropping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me, so please remember to leave one!



3 comments:

  1. What a fun and original design for twin babies! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOOO very cute! You are uber-talented and I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete