Tuesday, January 15, 2013

TST #101

It's Tuesday again.  Time for another sketch from Try Stampin on Tuesday.
I bought some really great DSP from My Mind's Eye called Lost & Found.  I loved this paper so much I hated to cut into it, but then again if you don't use it it just isn't worth buying.  So here is what I came up with from one of the sheets.
Instead of going with the smaller piece of paper under the rectangle I decided to use the piece that looked like what I thought was a racetrack.  Hmmm, racetrack!  I don't have a car but I did have a bike so that is what I decided on for my image.
Then rather than put a bow on the front, which I now thought looked like a masculine card I decided to use 1/8" ribbon and put a simple embellishment of ribbon with a small brad.  The brad was then mimicked at the side of the card as well.

I hope that you like what I have come up with.  Now it's your turn.  Not too sure what to do yourself for this sketch, then hop on over to the Try Stampin site and see what the other Great Designers have in store for you.

Thanks for dropping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so don't forget to leave one.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, friend! LOVE this card--the masculine vintage feel is definitely fabulous! The image is wonderful and I adore the paper you used, too! LOVE it! Hope you're having a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, I really love this card. It's fantastic for that special guy in your life. Masculine cards are so hard to do & I think you nailed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I love your card.
    Masculine cards are constant challenge for me, I guess you gave me a good idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how creative you were with the sketch! This is such a great masculine card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really beginning to love this set. Didn't get it but havew to now. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely masculine card. Love the papers too and the vintage feel it gives the card. Great simple ribbon/brad to keep it masculine. Great card Nancy.

    ReplyDelete