Sunday, February 3, 2013

SFF: You've Got Mail....

As mentioned yesterday Stampin Fun and Friends "Sweet Sentiments" is underway and our first sketch challenge is up.
http://api.ning.com/files/TdIQzJmQRtwskBtAO*v-X7GOEH3F517cUxbRDMIEic155o1TMnxT*w5uhe4oXp0v7jGlXI-GqTQiBOTp*CEN12QH7d1n0XdZ/TSTSketch63.jpg 
I wanted to combine it with another challenge which would incorporate colour but the colours I had in mind didn't materialize so I just decided to go with my own colour combination.  I found a piece of DSP that I liked the colours in so that was my starting point.  Then I found the coordinating CS to with the purple and blue DSP.  Next came the stamp set.  I decided to go with Postage Due.  
 
Using Whisper White as my card base I cut a piece of Marina Mist that was 1/8th" smaller.  Then using Concord Crush I punched out the trim piece and decided to put trim on both sides of the DSP.

Once I had the front done I stamped using Concord Crush the card base with the Postage Due set.  Once that was done I placed the piece of Marina Mist CS on top using dimensionals to raise it up, giving it a slight shadow box effect.  Stamped out my 2cent stamp and punched it out using the postage stamp punch, which was then adhered directly to the front piece.  I added 3 small gems to the upper left to balance the stamp out.  

I was very happy with the end result.  Unfortunately the picture does not reflect the beauty of the true colours.

Hope you like what I have come up with.  You to can join Stampin Fun and Friends by clicking on the PayPal link to the right of my blog.  We still have lots in store for you.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me, so please remember to leave one.



No comments:

Post a Comment