Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TST #105 Which one?

Tuesday rolls around so fast these days.  Jenn has come up with a great sketch for you today over at Try Stampin on Tuesday.  It is so great that I had a hard time coming up with just one card...so here are two cards that I created using the same sketch.  I know with Valentine's Day later this week I should be producing a Valentine's card but I decided to go with something different.


This is the first card that I came up with, but I wasn't happy with the colours once it was complete and really didn't want to publish it.
The colours of the paper are really quite nice.  It is from a MME collection.
So obviously this would be for a female.  Then overnight (yes I create in my sleep sometimes) I decided to go in a different direction and created this card which is more masculine.
 The CS base is actually a medium brown and the next layer is a lighter version of it.  I used the ledger from Open Sea to make the vertical line in the background.  Then I stamped the world on Marina Mist and cut it out, sponging the edges.  I also stamped the compass in the same colour and used the smallest ornament die from the ornament collection.  Punching a hole in the top of the compass piece I attached it to a nautical knot and secured it to the card front.  I know that this portion was not on the design, but I needed an anchor for the compass (honest no pun intended for the terms being used). 

I much prefer this version of the card.  How about you?

Now what can you dream up?  Need some more inspiration, hop on over to the Try Stampin site to see what the other Great Designers have in store for you.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me, so please remember to leave one.



 

3 comments:

  1. I like the first one, but I LOVE the second one, Nancy! SO clever--few layers but amazing pop of blue! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your first card is good, but I do like to second one more. Great clean lines and perfect for the guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card. Love the nautical knot to anchor the sentiment. Well done, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete