Tuesday, May 21, 2013

TST #119 "3's a Party!

I hope that everyone enjoyed the Victoria Day weekend in Canada and Memorial Day in the USA.

Today the sketch from Try Stampin on Tuesday leaves itself to lots and lots of ideas, which I'm sure you will see when you visit the site and see what the other Designers have in store for you.
I decided to take the sketch and turn it into a landscape card.  Cutting my CS 4 1/4" x 11" and scoring along the long side at 5 1/2". 
The CS base is Pool Party but I am just not getting the colour right on the camera.  Using the checked DSP I cut the first piece 1/4" smaller and then using the Apothecary Accents die I die cut out the piece that was used for the top.  Waste nothing I say!  Then with a scrap I had from another project I cut you the second accent piece.  The bird was punched using the Two Step Bird punch.  The branches were punched using the Pool Party CS. 

It was not until I photographed the card that I realized I was working in 3's.  Three layers for the background, three layers for the accents, three branches, three gems and three Happy's (one on the inside).

I really love the look of the monochromatic colour of this card (which can really be seen in person).

Now it's your turn.  Give the sketch a try and let us see your creation.  Can't wait to see it!

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so please remember to leave one.

1 comment:

  1. Love these pretty blues and you have reminded me about my much neglected bird punch - I'll have to pull that one out :) Great card.

    ReplyDelete