Tuesday, July 23, 2013

TST #128

So this week I made sure that I had my card done on time for the Try Stampin on Tuesday challenge.

This past month has been crazy for me.  We are trying to clean up my Dad's home, since we now have him in a safe environment and we know that all of his needs are being looked after.  Just when I thought things would get back to normal (if there is such a thing!) my daughter sustained an avulsion fracture of her right thumb along with a ligament tear.  She was scheduled for surgery last Monday, but during the examination when the plastic surgeon saw her she manipulated the thumb and more damage was done. Her surgery had to be put off until later in the week.  This probably wouldn't be so bad but she is in the final stages of her Dental Hygiene Program at college and she will now be in a cast for up to eight weeks and unable to complete some of her clinical studies.  Lucky for her that she has a great faculty team to work with.  She will have to go before the Dean to plead a case so that she will not lose her final year, but her instructors are going to bat for her because she has completed more work than a lot of the other students along with more complicated cases.  Having Dean's list marks since she started college helps as well. Fingers Crossed! just don't use the broken one!!!

On to this weeks challenge.  When I first saw the sketch for this week I thought Christmas card. Mainly because it has been so hot out and the little accents in the bottom left corner looked like snowflakes.  But I decided to go French Foliage all the way.
I went with a more non conventional colour using Marina Mist for my card base. Then with a pale grey CS I stamped the splash marks from French Foliage all over it. I had ribbon from the Dollar Store that matched the colours perfectly.
Then with the Apothecary Accents die I cut out the shape and stamped it using the words and the postage mark from French Foliage.  With Soft Suede and Marina Mist I used the rock and roll method and stamped out 3 leaves and then individually cut them out.  The sentiment was accented with more of the same ribbon and then the whole card was finished off with a little Bling!
I hope you like what I have come up with.  Now it's your turn.  Need more inspiration, then hop on over to the Try Stampin Site and see what the other great designers have in store for you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so please remember to leave one!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card. I hope everything works out well for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card. I love this colour combo and all your stamping.

    ReplyDelete