Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TST #130

This week is has been a shocker.  First we lost a dear neighbour and dear friend and then I go to work and a co-workers husband passed away from Stage 4 cancer, diagnosed only a short time ago. With the saying that things come in three's we are hoping with fingers crossed that we do not have another loss too soon.

My card this week pays tribute to my co-worker.  Although we do not work in the same department we  do see each other on a regular basis.
The sketch this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday lends itself perfectly to this card.  I decided to give my MDS program a bit of a workout.  I don't use it enough so I just played with it and came up with this.
I started this card with the three small pieces of DSP in the upper left corner.  Then picked my stamp.  I have the Hello Doily stamp itself but it is big and I wanted something a little smaller. After playing around with the MDS program I came up with my design.  
Originally I was going to print the doily image on the turquoise CS but decided to use that as the main piece and print on white.  The embellishment came from a necklace that another co-worker had given me.  She didn't like the necklace, but liked the pendant that was with it.  So it was a win-win situation.

We never know what life with throw at us.  Sometimes it gets spread out and other times it comes at you full force.  This is one of those full force weeks.  Our Thoughts and Prayers are with both families and their remaining loved ones.  

Check out the other Designers at TST to see what they have in store for you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so please remember to leave one.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - would not have know it was created in MDS if you hadn't said so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally… I can come and visit you …your project of today is very well done I specially like the colors, these cards are always a little tricky to make...sorry to hear the news on all your co-workers and friends...
    Thanks for sharing
    Keep in touch
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete