Tuesday, September 17, 2013

TST # 136

Yes it is the last Hoorah of the summer season here in Canada.  The leaves are starting to change and we have lots of birthday's at work.  So with that being said this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday I have used our sketch challenge and the theme of "Summer's Last Hoorah" to celebrate a co-workers birthday.
I really like this sketch because no matter what way you look at it portrait of landscape it works.  I decided to leave it as it was and go with a portrait card.
I used the same DSP for the two candles and broke up the fibres in the paper before rolling it up using a skewer.  Then I was able to insert the twine for the wick and glue the candle closed.  
 
This card was made for a fellow co-worker who is male and I think that the colours and DSP work very well for this occasion.  

Happy Birthday Bryce!  Even if you are just a young'n!

I hope you like what I have come up with, now it's your turn.  Hop on over to the TSOT site to see what the other great Designers have in store for you.  Don't forget to link your card to the site so that we can all see what you have come up with as well.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

Your comments mean a lot to me so please remember to leave one.


3 comments:

  1. Super cute, bet Bryce loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colors are awesome and the candle idea super
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors are great and I LOVE those amazing candles! What a fabulous card--I bet it was a hit! :)

    ReplyDelete