Tuesday, December 24, 2013

TST #148 Woodgrain Accent

Well only one more sleep before good old Saint Nick comes visiting.  Don't know about your household, but with work and all of the other obligations things have been very hectic around my house.  So hectic in fact that I almost forgot to post my card for this weeks challenge at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

This week our sketch challenge adds the extra element of wood accent or woodgrain to the card.
I decided not to incorporate the three little extra embellishments in the top and bottom corners.
I started with a piece of DSP that I had on hand that was full of woodgrain.  Then by accident I picked up a dabber that had red not chocolate chip on it so that is why the sponging appears to have a reddish hue to it.
Next I chose the Lovely as a Tree set which was my very first SU set purchased.  I haven't used it in a while and again with the woodgrain theme I thought it only fitting.  Butchers twine was wrapped around the middle and then the star accents were added.  

This will make a great masculine birthday card, which I know I will need in the near future.  

I hope you like what I have come up with.  Now it's your turn.  Hop on over to the TST site and see what the other great Designers have in store for you.

Lastly this will probably be my last post for this year and because of that I would like to personally thank everyone that has taken the time to leave me a comment on my blog.  I wish you all and your families a Very Merry Christmas or whatever you may celebrate at this time of year, along with a very Safe and Happy New Year!  See you in 2014!!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment